Emmnats Welcomes You...

Hello my peeps. I welcome you to my blog-the eyes of my mind. I'm ready to pour my mind into yours on areas of human relevance...politics, economy, business, religion and other issues that concern humanity. Please, endeavor to leave a sincere comment after navigating through this little mind of mine

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What’s New about the New Year?



By: Emmanuel Nathan Oguche (ANIPR)

The time was 12 O'clock. The entire city was basking in the euphoria of excitement as those awake were chanting what seemed like songs of victory amidst nauseating noise of “knock-out” that was ravaging every nook and cranny. People starved themselves of sleep and replaced the silent night with earsplitting vigil, just to have a glimpse of the moment they had dreamt of. The screeching of the wall clock added glamour to the noise as the long hand of the clock was rested on the short one. Obviously, the time was 12:00 am and this was what set the ball of celebration rolling in the air.

“What’s the madness all about?” I asked Silas. But the look on his face seemed like "who’s this mad person that’s talking about madness?" “Nathan, Happy new year. This is 2010, have you forgotten? You should be happy…I mean you should be excited”

The look on my face was that of disappointment but it seemed to me that my brother was even more disappointed when I, like an iconoclast, smashed this question on his face: “What’s new about the new year?”

“In 2009” I continued, “there were 24 hours per day for everyone; we slept at night and hustled in the day; there were 7 days in a week and 12 months in the year. Are all these going to change in 2010?” Absolute silence preceded this question. Everyone, including my Dad and other siblings who were hitherto showing contempt to the argument were uncontrollable pulled to it. Yes, they had no choice than to ponder on it. You too have become part of that discourse! Let’s move there!!

See what’s new about the New Year:

Nothing is new in this 2010 except you.
Enthuse yourself with the spirit of optimism and damn all your past losses.
Whet your appetites to dispensing what is good and add value to your society.
Yearn for greater heights for there’s danger staying in one place.
Electrify yourself with new ideas for new challenges await you.
Attitude is everything; put on positive minds and decline every rag of misery.
Relate with people and your Maker, for you cannot conquer the year all alone.

Can you now see what New Year is all about? I’ve posted this because you mean so much to me, you too can do same to those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment